The Mitron App is the latest addition to the list of Short term video platforms in India. The app has been in the news for not only the right reasons but also some not so good ones. This Indian app is one of the fastest-growing in terms of numbers. At the same time, many controversies have surrounded it. Presently the app is functioning just fine.
Here are some of the details on the app that we know so far.
What is Mitron app and what you should know about it
The Mitron app in simple words is an Indian app that has similar features to the famous app Tik Tok. These apps are similar to social media. What differs here is the importance given to short videos that are usually 15-20 seconds in length. The Indian app amassed huge popularity within 2 months of its release.
The app was launched very recently in April 2020 but has over 3 crore downloads until now. This Indian TikTok app has been created so that people can showcase their talents and present them in an entertaining or humorous way. The app creators have stated that they want to collaborate with authorities and the federal government to make a social impact too.
Reasons for sudden popularity
Swadeshi or made in India campaigns have been common from times immemorial. Whether it was the boycott during the British Era or now. History teaches us one thing for sure that you must support your fellow Indians by using stuff made by them. This is exactly what the Mitron App aims to do. As stated by the founders Shivank Agarwal and Anish Khandelwal.
When they started their journey towards this remarkable Short term video platform they onboarded with the thought of creating an Indian social media platform. They firmly believe that Indian data should be protected on Indian servers moreover the platform should abide by Indian community standards.
- COVID 19- This has struck a chord with the Indian population greatly. Although this Indian TikTok is in the nascent stages, the response has been great. Ever since the global pandemic of coronavirus took over ample stress has been given on the make in India slogan.
- Tension with China- The Indo-China war has also been a huge factor. Ever since the announcement on the ban of Chinese apps including Tik Tok happened, the app has seen a surge in downloads and usage.
The logo and it’s meaning
The app logo is a big M that means mitron.In Hindi the word Mitron means friends. The name has been chosen to make it relatable for the Indian population. Additionally, it could also indicate the fact that this Indian TikTok helps one to make friends or Mitron.
The audience review
The app currently has a rating of 4.4 which is a pretty good score. The audience (mostly Indians) are happy to find a TikTok alternative that has Indian roots. Coming to the working of the app, it is not very smooth as of now.
The company has also claimed that they are looking forward to expanding their team and are hiring the best talent for technology and management. The rise in views on videos in the app is also notable. This increase to almost 24 lacs per hour has managed to attract investment from venture capital. In its seed round, it raised ₹2 crore.
Well, we hope that the funding helps them improve the working of their Indian TikTok.
How to Download Mitron App
The download procedure of this Short term video-making platform is straightforward
- 6 Mb of memory space
- Internet connection
- Android phone
- Android 5 and above
- User should be above 12 years in age
>> The procedure
- Go to Play store app or Apple Play store in your mobile
- Type Mitron app in the search box
- Click on the app
- Click the download app option and accept all terms and conditions.
- Allow the permissions to the app
How to Use the Mitron App?
Currently, there is no official iOS version available. The company plans to focus on stabilizing the android version first. Usage again is not complicated. Especially if you have used Tik Tok. The interface is similar to Tik Tok.
- To create videos you need to sign up for an account using a username and password. After signing up click on the video button at the bottom of the screen. Now you can edit your videos and publish. These will be upon your page for people to watch
- For watching videos, you don’t need an account. You can watch it after installing the app.
Features and benefits
The app enables you to perform the following functions-
- Editing videos using gifs, music, stickers etc
- Creating and sharing content in the form of videos
- Connecting with people through video sharing
- Live streaming content
- Mixing videos
The road ahead-The app has been successful in attracting a large scale of audience because of the circumstances. It would be interesting to watch how well the initial momentum is handled by the company. Also, the expansion in its team is much awaited. The expansion should help them resolve the bugs.iOS users are also curious to download this TikTok alternative.
FAQs on Mitron App
Q1. Is the Mitron app Indian?
Yes it is an Indian app with the registered office in Bangalore.Both the founders are Indian.They aim to make a video engagement app that is sensitive to India’s culture.
Q2. What is the review of the Mitron app?
The mitron app is a user friendly platform for short videos.Users can create,share and view these short videos.It has a good UI and UX with an overall rating of 4.4 on Google play store.
Q3. Who is the owner of Mitron app?
The app was founded by Shivank Agarwal and Anish Khandelwal.They are computer science engineers from IIT Roorkee.
Q4. Is the Mitron app similar to TikTok?
The Mitron app has features similar to and different from Tik Tok. It enables its users to share and view short videos in addition to the Mitron Tv feature.
Q5. How is the Mitron app?
Mitron app is a popular app in India for content creation. It is good in terms of the features that it has and has received overall good reviews in India.